BusinessDay has created the Business Leadership Awards to recognize leaders who have created and sustained outstanding entrepreneurial initiatives, and built successful
businesses that are strengthening Nigeria’s global competitiveness and attraction as a destination for talent and capital.
These leaders must have demonstrated ingenuity in overcoming the unique challenges of the Nigerian business environment, a strong commitment to best practices. Nominees should also have engendered a values-based culture within their organizations, and epitomize all that is best of the indomitable Nigerian spirit. This high profile, exclusive event will bring together the most influential leaders in Nigeria’s private sector.
The Business Leadership Awards was conceived to:
- Establish a knowledge base of business acumen on how they accomplished their success against the odds.
- Celebrate those leaders who through their enterprises are rewriting perceptions of Nigeria.
- Inspire the next generation of leaders in private enterprise.
- Serve as a catalyst to the winners to do more to boost the Nigerian economy.
- Highlight those companies that have instituted innovative processes, people practices, and technological advances, which have set them apart in the marketplace.
Regardless of title – chairman, chief executive officer, executive chairman, executive vice chairman, principal consultant, etc. – nominations for the Business Leadership Awards are open only to individuals who are the final business decision maker in their company and must have been in the role for at least one year before January 1, 2019.
The Business Leadership Awards Winners
- B2C SME CEO of the Year Award – Ms. Oke Maduewesi, Founder/ CEO, Zaron Cosmetics Ltd.
- B2B SME CEO of the Year Award – Mr. Elochukwu Umeh, Managing Director/ CEO, Terragon Group
- Business Leader of the Year – Mr. Benedict Peters, Founder, Aiteo Group
- Corporate Board Leader of the Year – Mr. Olatunde Busari, SAN, Chairman VFD Group Plc.
- Diversified Business Group CEO of the Year – Dr. Ayoola Oduntan, Chairman, Amo Farm Sieberer Hatchery Ltd.
- Most Admired CEO of the Year – Mr. Mauricio Alarcon, Managing Director/ CEO, Nestle Nigeria Plc.
- Most Entrepreneurial CEO of the Year – Mr. Pat McMichael, Managing Director/ CEO, Eat’N’Go Nigeria Ltd.
- Most Innovative CEO of the Year – Mr. Bolaji Osunsanya, Managing Director/ CEO, Axxela Ltd.
- Multigenerational Company of the Year –
- Agribusiness Company of the Year – Amo Farm Sieberer Hatchery Ltd.
- Automobile Brand of the Year – GAC Motor
- Connectivity Company of the Year –
- Global Learning Organization of the Year –
- Healthcare –
- Household Products and Personal Care Company of the Year –
- Luxury Company of the Year – Essenza Nigeria Ltd.
- Luxury Property Developer of the Year – Sujimoto Construction Ltd.
- Midstream Oil and Gas Company of the Year – Axxela Ltd.
- Pan-African Energy Company of the Year – Amni International Petroleum Development Company Ltd.
- Quick Service Restaurant Company of the Year – Eat’N’Go Nigeria Ltd.
- Real Estate Company of the Year – Landwey Investment Ltd.
- Real Estate Investment Company of the Year –
- Retail Brand of the Year – Spar
- Technology Solutions Company of the Year –
- Telecoms Infrastructure Company of the Year – IHS Nigeria Ltd.
- Tourism & Hospitality Brand of the Year – Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort, Uyo, Akwa Ibom
- Upstream Oil and Gas Company of the Year – Aiteo Exploration & Production Company Ltd.
Highlights from the BusinessDay Leadership Awards 2019